What's New with RFVSA
Protocol for RFVSA Shooting Range
New rules for the RFVSA shooting range.
These rules were formulated in order to open our range under the Eagle County
social distancing rules & regulations concerning the Covid-19 pandemic.
- All members/shooters are notified that they are responsible for social distancing, six feet between each individual while on shooting range and parking area. Club house will remain closed to all members except range officers.
- All members/shooters must wear a mask or face covering and it is the their responsibility to provide face covering.
- All members/shooters are responsible for personal hygiene. Hand sanitizer will be provided at both the skeet and trap range.
- All members/shooters are notified that they enter the range at their own risk and that the they may come in contact with the Covid-19 virus.
- In order to comply with rules of social distancing, there will be only eight (8) shooters allowed in the each shooting fields (trap or skeet) of the RFVSA shooting range as long as there is a range officer at that field. Do not enter a shooting field where there are eight shooters and 1 range officer. Please wait for an open slot at one of the 2 fields. If there is no range officer, that field is closed.
- There will be a Gate Keeper at our gate to monitor the amount of shooters allowed into the range during operation. This is to insure the person count of sixteen (16) during operation (eight at each field). Those shooters waiting to get in will be asked to wait in the rifle/pistol range parking area (if space available) or wait down in the Lake Christine parking area. The gate keeper will notify you when space is available on the range.
- On busy days, shooters will be limited to three (3) rounds per individual shooter, in order to give other shooters the opportunity to shoot. If their is no one waiting then there is no limit. All operation, including shooter limits and amount of individuals at the range, are at the discretion of the range officer.
- Note: In order to have gate keepers, RFVSA will need members to volunteer to perform this duty. Please step up and volunteer for thirty minutes to an hour to act as a gate keeper. This a vital position needed in order to open our range.
It was a great shoot!
To all that missed out on the 5 stand 200 in October 2019 here are a couple of photos. It was a very fun shoot. We hope to see you next time!
Special Shooting Event on October 26: “5-Stand 200”
Sponsored by Roaring Fork Valley Sportsmans’ Assn
Location: Basalt Shooting Range at Basalt State Wildlife Area
Date and Time: Saturday, October 26 Registration starts at 8:00am, Shooting starts at 9AM
(Please preregister by e-mail with Bill Bendl: email@example.com)
This is not an NSCA sanctioned shoot, and will be limited to 30 total shooters
Proceeds will benefit local Boy Scout troop and Garfield County 4 H.
Lunch provided by RFVSA
Cost: $120.00 for 200 rounds, Cash or Check only. No credit cards please.
100 rounds on 5-stand course on Upper Range ( Squads of 5 shoot 2 rounds of 50 )
100 rounds on 5-stand course on Lower Range ( Squads of 5 shoot 2 rounds of 50 )
Note: both ranges will be closed to non-participating shooters for the full day (9:00 to 5:00)
Special Hotel Room Rate($75.00/night plus tax) at
Aspenalt Lodge, 157 Basalt Center Circle, Basalt, CO 81621 Ph: 970-927-3191
We are hopeful that you can join us for this fun event on the 26th !