Range temporarily closed due to road mudslide.
Closed until further notice.
About the Basalt Public Shooting Range
This OPEN / OUTDOOR range is maintained and supported by the
Colorado Division of Wildlife
in cooperation with the Roaring Fork Valley Sportsmans Association
Sorry, gun rental NOT available
The public range area offers 3 separate fields:
- Pistols up to .50 caliber, and 22 rimfire rifles
- Rifles up to .50 caliber
- Shotguns for hand thrown targets (bring your own).
- Bring your own! No guns, ammo, targets for sale or rent
- Visitors must follow all posted rules and regulations
- Hours of Operation: Mon, Weds, Fri, Sat & Sun 9 – 4pm
Closed on Tues & Thurs
CODE OF CONDUCT
- Guns are to have actions open and unloaded at all times unless engaged in the act of shooting clay targets from the trap or skeet field on a designated shooting station or a position authorized by the range officer only
- Ear and eye protection are mandatory
- Shooters are to shoot only at targets they have called for and take only a single shot at a target unless a pair of doubles was called for whereby two shots may be taken at the same target
- Extra targets requested are not permitted
- Guns are to be loaded only when the shooter has entered the shooting station or designated shooting place as authorized by the range officer
- Range courtesy excludes the use of foul language and /or abusive language, whether directed at another individual, range officer, observer or oneself.
- No open containers of alcohol are permitted on the premises
- No one is permitted to engage in shooting believed to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Conversations should be of a volume so as not to be disruptive to the shooter
- Instructions is not be given while shooting on the skeet and trap fields unless requested
- Range officers have complete authority to exclude any individual from the trap & skeet facility for the day if they are believed to be disruptive
- After a round, pick up your ejected shells unless instructed not to by the range officer
- Kids 18 and younger need to have a parent present and a liability waiver signed.
- No dogs are allowed (State Wildlife Area)